Academic and Administrative Compact Planning
The university's compact process coordinates planning and accountability to achieve critical institutional and unit goals. The compact document is a written agreement — available to the public — between the university's management and a campus, college, or support unit that aligns broad university goals with the directions, investments, and actions of the unit.
Compacts are used to:
- Identify strategies and partnerships to achieve University-wide goals and priorities using available resources
- Identify areas for investment and/or reallocation
- Update long-range capital and space plans and priorities
- Provide a basis for accountability in evaluating performance.
The annual compact document includes:
- A summary of the unit's progress during the previous year
- Major goals for the coming year(s)
- Action plans to achieve the goals
- Descriptions of key University issues as they affect the unit.
For more information, contact Joe Shultz in the provost’s office (email@example.com or 612-626-6544).